Asparagus, Lardon & Gruyère Quichesource Meg Escobosa
Ingredientsfor about 44 people
- 11 pie crust
- 33 eggs
- 1010 ounces milk (30cl)
- 77 ounces lardons, cut into small pieces (200g)
- 55 asparagus, blanched, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 55 ounces shredded gruyère cheese
- 11 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 0.25¼ teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- Brown the lardons in a heavy skillet without cooking them through. They will cook in the oven but you want to develop the flavors by inducing some nice caramelization and browning on the outsides. Don't over do this.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.
- Add the lardons, asparagus, cheese and milk. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this mix into the pie crust.
- Bake at 220°C /430°F for 20-25 minutes, until the top of the quiche is browned.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.