Chocolate Trufflessource Various
Ingredientsfor about 88 people
- 88 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate (> 62% cacao), chopped
- 0.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- 11 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional base flavorings
- 11 tablespoon Grand Marnier, Amaretto or Cognac
- 11 cup mint leaves, stems removed, chopped
- 0 cinnamon and cardamon (1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom pods)
- Truffle Coatings
- 0 Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
- 0 Finely chopped nuts
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes). If you are using one of the other recommended flavorings, stir it in with the cream (and ignore vanilla in the next step). If adding mint or other solids, after the cream simmers, remove from heat and let seep for an hour. Then strain away solids, and return the cream to a simmer and proceed with recipe.
- Place the chocolate in a separate bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla, and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for two hours. Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache. Roll in your hands quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Roll in cocoa powder or chopped nuts and serve, or place back in the refrigerator until needed.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.