This Turkish bean salad is great for mediterranean inspired picnics. Note: If using canned tomatoes, don’t add sugar or salt.source Sevim Yolçnur
Ingredientsfor about 44 people
- 22 pounds cranberry or october beans
- 22 medium onions, chopped
- 22 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 22 carrots, diced
- 22 red bell peppers, diced
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 22 teaspoons sugar
- 0 salt
- 0 vinegar
- 0 olive oil
- 0 flat-leaf parsley
- Shell fresh beans. If dried, soak overnight then boil for 30 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven. Sauté onion, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
- Stir in beans, then add water to cover and cook on medium until tender.
- Let cool. Store overnight (or eat warm!). Serve cold the next day with a drizzle of oil and vinegar and some flat-leaf parsley. Add salt to taste.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.