A special Persian dish for festive occasions.source Bret Lobree
Ingredientsfor about 44 people
- 0.5½ kilogram finely ground walnuts
- 0.5½ liter pomegranate syrup
- 0.5½ liter water or chicken stock
- 22 pounds chicken pieces, preferably boneless thighs
- 11 medium onion, chopped
- 0.5½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.25¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 0 sugar
- 0 salt & pepper to taste
- 0 lime juice to taste
- 0 olive oil
- 0 pinch saffron
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onions and sauté until wilted and translucent.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and sauté, stirring, for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, pomegranate syrup, stock, sugar, salt, pepper and saffron.
- Adjust sugar and salt to taste.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Add chicken and simmer on low heat another 30-60 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking time, add the lime juice to taste.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.