This is the real deal. You won’t go back to any other kind of waffles again.source Sandra Mols
Ingredientsfor about 88 people
- 0.75¾ pound self-rising flour (1c. ap flour + .5t salt + 1.5t bp)
- 22 eggs, separated
- 33 ounces butter
- 22 tablespoons sugar
- 11 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 0 pinch salt
- 2.252 ¼ cups sparkling water
- 11 glug vegetable oil
- 0.33⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Cream the butter with the sugar until soft. Add the vanilla sugar, salt and the egg yolk and incorporate.
- Pour the sparkling water into the flour and mix together then add to the butter mixture. (You can refrigerate the batter overnight at this stage.)
- Beat the egg white stiff and add it to the mixture along with a glug of oil and fold it all in carefully.
- Let the batter rest a while (it will rise a little). You can also rest it overnight at this point.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.