Buttermilk Pancakessource Jim Mitchell
Ingredientsfor about 44 people
- 33 eggs
- 1.661 ⅔ cups buttermilk
- 11 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.51 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 11 tablespoon sugar
- 11 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5½ teaspoon salt
- 33 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites with rotary beater.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, baking soda and egg yolks.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then beat into the mixture.
- Beat melted butter into the mixture. If the batter is not runny enough, add a bit of milk here, before you fold in the egg whites.
- Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon "pancake sized" portions onto a hot griddle, greased with butter or Crisco. Flip when bubbles form in batter and cook until both sides are golden brown.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.