Cime di Rapa con Orecchiettesource Donato Mangialardo
Ingredientsfor about 44 people
- 11 bunch broccoli rabe with broccoli-like tops still on, washed and cut into pieces
- 22 cloves fresh garlic
- 0 black peppercorns, whole, crushed
- 0 salt
- 0.75¾ pound orecchiete pasta with rough texture
- Get a large pot, fill with water, add salt to taste (the water must taste salty), then add all the stems. TUrn on the gas, bring to boil, then remove the stems. Add orecchiette and broccoli rabe in pieces, cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile heat in a skillet a couple of tablespoons (or less) extra virgin olive oil, the garlic. Do not fry, no golden brown stuff. Just heat them up to a very slow simmer. The anchovies will dissolve and the cloves will get kind of mushy.
- Place the hot pasta/rabes combination in a large bowl, add everything, mix, add crushed black pepper, taste and serve.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.