Cranberry Sauce with Port and Dried Figs
The yummiest cranberry sauce you have ever consumed. Chill overnight before serving.source Bon Apétit
Ingredientsfor about 6-86-8 people
- 1.661 ⅔ cups ruby Port
- 0.25¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 0.25¼ cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 88 dried black Mission figs, stemmed, chopped
- 11 6-inch-long sprig fresh rosemary
- 0.25¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1212 ounces fresh cranberries
- 0.75¾ cup sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary. Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; chill until cold. (Cranberry sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.