The simplest, most delicious French dessert.
Ingredientsfor about 66 people
- 88 golden yellow apples
- 1010 tablespoons butter
- 0.66 cup powdered sugar
- 11 tablespoon cinnamon (as desired)
- 11 sheet of puff pastry
- 11 lemon
- Peel, core and quarter the apples and place in a bath of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add half the sugar, dot with butter cut into small pieces. Add the apples in a nice pattern then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Use more apples than you think as they will cook down. Sprinkle cinnamon, if desired.
- Place pan on medium heat until the caramel begins to brown. Flatten the apples with a spatula from time to time.Do not let it get too black or it will turn bitter.
- Place your pie crust over the apples carefully folding it around the apples along the edge of the pan. Make a few holes in the top of the pastry to let steam escape. Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Quickly turn over the Tarte Tatin using a large serving dish as a cover which you then flip over with the pan. Let the Tarte Tatin cool. Serve anytime.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.