see fesenjan, just wanted to do it in 5 ingredients.
Ingredientsfor about people
- 0.5½ kilogram Finely Ground Walnuts
- 0.5½ liter Pomegranate syrup/molasses
- 11 Onion sliced thin
- 11 kilogram Boneless Skinless Chicken cubed
- 11 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0 Salt & Pepper
- 0 Sugar
- 0 Olive Oil
- Bring walnuts with enough water (3 cups) to boil. Simmer until oil comes out of them ~1.5 hours. Add Cinnamon and Pomegranite,Sugar and salt to taste.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add onions and sauté until wilted and translucent. Add chicken and cook until done.
- Add "enough" Walnut sauce to cover the chicken and heat for a few more minutes. There should be extra sauce that freezes well for next time.
- Serve over warm basmati rice.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.