Spicy Red Pepper Cranberry Relish
Absolutely impeccably balanced sweetness and spice. Delicious.source New York Times
Ingredientsfor about 66 people
- 11 cup sugar
- 22 red jalapeños or pasilla peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 11 tablespoon lemon juice
- 0.25¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 0.5½ teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1212 ounces cranberries, fresh
- Put sugar, jalapeños, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup water, then stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and cranberries, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let mixture cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have softened and no liquid remains in pan, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and taste. Add more cayenne or jalapeños if desired. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.