A simple but scrumptious Scandinavian dessert.source Sanna Liedgren
Ingredientsfor about 88 people
- 0 Pie Dough
- 1.251 ¼ cups flour
- 22 tablespoons sugar
- 0.33⅓ pound butter, cold
- 1.51 ½ tablespoons water, cold
- 0 Filling
- 44 cups gooseberries, washed & trimmed
- 0.5½ cup sugar
- 2.52 ½ tablespoons starch, potato or corn
- 0 Topping
- 11 vanilla pod
- 11 tablespoon sugar, fine
- 11 tablespoon lemon zest
- 11 cup crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dice the cold butter and mix with flour, sugar and water. Knead until fairly smooth and refrigerate for one hour.
- Distribute dough into 4 pie tins. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is par-baking, wash and trim the berries then mix with the starch and sugar.
- Remove the pie crusts from the oven. Distribute the filling among the 4 crusts.Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- While pies are baking, mix topping ingredients together.
- Remove pies from oven. Let cool. Add a dollop of topping and serve.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.