The incomparable banana bread recipe from Maddy Stein. This recipe is designed for making 6 mini loaves. if you would prefer to make 2 loaves of 9x4 or 9x5 inches, then use 6 bananas not 8, lessen the sugar to 2 cups, use 4 eggs instead of 5, and a touch less flour, baking soda and salt. You will also need to bake for closer to 45-60 mins.source Maddy Stein
Ingredientsfor about 66 people
- 2.1252 cups baker’s sugar
- 2.1252 stick butter, at room temperature
- 88 ripe bananas
- 55 eggs, well beaten
- 2.42 cups cake flour
- 2.1252 teaspoons baking soda
- 1.1251 teaspoons salt
- Preheat over to 350° F.
- Butter loaf pan lightly and sprinkle with sugar.
- Mash the bananas.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Beat the eggs.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy in stand mixer.
- Add the bananas and eggs very slowly in 3 batches, 1/3 each time.
- Add dry, sifted ingredients just until everything is mixed in. Do not overwork.
- Pour mixture into buttered loaf pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The center should be firm and edges should start to separate from the edges of the pan.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 10 mins then remove from pans and let them continue cooling on the rack for an additional 10 mins.