Savory potato tart evocative of warm summer nights in Madrid.source Saveur
Ingredientsfor about 6-86-8 people
- 0.75 cup olive oil
- 11 pound potatoes (Russet or Yukon gold), peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 11 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 66 eggs
- 0 Salt and pepper
- Pour the oil into a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Carefully toss in the potatoes and onion. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring and folding the mixture over every other minute. They should be soft but not brown. Transfer the mixture to a colander set over a bowl. Drain for minute.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add a big pinch of salt and a few cracks of pepper. Whisk until combined. Add the potato and onion mixture to the eggs. Stir until combined. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the egg and potato mixture. Cook for for 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Set an inverted plate on top. Hold onto the plate with your left hand, and flip the skillet over. Take off the skillet and set it back on the burner over medium heat. The tortilla on the plate should have the cooked side on top. Add another teaspoon of the reserved oil to the skillet and slide in the tortilla so the uncooked side is on the bottom. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the tortilla and place on a cutting board. Let cool for 10 minutes or so. Then cut into wedges and serve with more salt and pepper to taste.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.