Roasted Cauliflower with Capers
I never liked cauliflower until this dish.
Ingredients for about 4 people
- 1 head cauliflower, green leaves discarded
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon small capers, drained
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch earthenware baking dish.
- Core cauliflower, leaving head intact, then discard core and put cauliflower head in pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over top of cauliflower and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together lemon juice, capers, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, then whisk in remaining 1/4 cup oil.
- Surround cauliflower with parsley sprigs and drizzle cauliflower and parsley with dressing.