A custardy, rich, rustic French dessert you can make with dark cherries, apples, raspberries, plums, and even pluots. Just make sure to use the ripest fruit you can find.
Source: Eric Ripert
Ingredients for about 6 people
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sugar + more for ramekin
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plums, cherries or apples
- Heat oven to 400°F. Butter two 3 ½ - inch ramekins and dust with sugar.
- Whisk egg until frothy and add sugar, half and half and vanilla extract; mix to combine.
- Add the all purpose flour and whisk very well.
- Divide the fruit into the ramekins and pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown and the middle is set.