recipes from the escobosa kitchens
Ingredients for about 4 people
- 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 10 ounces milk (30cl)
- 7 ounces lardons, cut into small pieces (200g)
- 5 asparagus, blanched, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 5 ounces shredded gruyère cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- pepper, more to taste
- Brown the lardons in a heavy skillet without cooking them through. They will cook in the oven but you want to develop the flavors by inducing some nice caramelization and browning on the outsides. Don't over do this.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.
- Add the lardons, asparagus, cheese and milk. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this mix into the pie crust.
- Bake at 220°C /430°F for 20-25 minutes, until the top of the quiche is browned.