recipes from the escobosa kitchens
Ingredients for about 4 people
- ½ kilogram finely ground walnuts
- ½ liter pomegranate syrup
- ½ liter water or chicken stock
- 2 pounds chicken pieces, preferably boneless thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- lime juice to taste
- olive oil
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onions and sauté until wilted and translucent.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and sauté, stirring, for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, pomegranate syrup, stock, sugar, salt, pepper and saffron.
- Adjust sugar and salt to taste.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Add chicken and simmer on low heat another 30-60 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking time, add the lime juice to taste.