This Turkish dip made with roasted peppers, pomegranate molasses and walnuts is heaven.
Source: Danielle & Chapin Kaynor
Ingredients for about 6 people
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup fine fresh bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kirmizi Pul Biber (Turkish dried pepper) or red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- toasted pita triangles
- In a food processor blend together the peppers, the bread crumbs, the walnuts, the garlic, the lemon juice, the pomegranate molasses, the cumin, the red pepper flakes, and salt to taste until the mixture is smooth and with the motor running add the oil gradually.
- Transfer the muhammara to a bowl and serve it at room temperature with the pita triangles.