This Turkish bean salad is great for mediterranean inspired picnics. Note: If using canned tomatoes, don’t add sugar or salt.
Source: Sevim Yolçnur
Ingredients for about 4 people
- 2 pounds cranberry or october beans
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- olive oil
- flat-leaf parsley
- Shell fresh beans. If dried, soak overnight then boil for 30 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven. Sauté onion, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
- Stir in beans, then add water to cover and cook on medium until tender.
- Let cool. Store overnight (or eat warm!). Serve cold the next day with a drizzle of oil and vinegar and some flat-leaf parsley. Add salt to taste.