recipes from the escobosa kitchens
Ingredients for about 4 people
- 3 eggs
- 1.66 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites with rotary beater.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, baking soda and egg yolks.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then beat into the mixture.
- Beat melted butter into the mixture. If the batter is not runny enough, add a bit of milk here, before you fold in the egg whites.
- Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon "pancake sized" portions onto a hot griddle, greased with butter or Crisco. Flip when bubbles form in batter and cook until both sides are golden brown.