Cranberry Sauce with Port and Dried Figs
The yummiest cranberry sauce you have ever consumed. Chill overnight before serving.
Source: Bon Apétit
Ingredients for about 6-8 people
- 1.66 cups ruby Port
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 8 dried black Mission figs, stemmed, chopped
- 1 6-inch-long sprig fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary. Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; chill until cold. (Cranberry sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)