Chile Verde (Pork)
An easy Instant Pot version of this Mexican classic.source J. Kenji Lopez-Alt
Ingredientsfor about 6-86-8 people
- 44 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 0 pound tomatillos (about 4 tomatillos), quartered, husks discarded
- 0 pound Poblano peppers (about 2 peppers; 300g), roughly chopped, seeds and stems discarded
- 66 ounces Anaheim or Cubanelle peppers (about 2 peppers; 170g), roughly chopped, seeds and stems discarded
- 22 serrano or jalapeño chilies, roughly chopped, stems discarded
- 88 ounces white onion (about 1 medium; 225g), roughly chopped
- 66 cloves garlic, peeled
- 11 tablespoon whole cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 0 kosher salt
- 0 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves and fine stems (about 1/2 ounce; 15g), plus more for garnish
- 0 Fresh corn tortillas and lime wedges, for serving
- In a pressure cooker, combine pork, tomatillos, Poblano peppers, Anaheim peppers, serrano peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, and a big pinch of salt. Heat over high heat until gently sizzling, then seal pressure cooker, bring to high pressure, and cook for 30 minutes. Release pressure.
- Using tongs, transfer pork pieces to a bowl and set aside. Add cilantro and fish sauce to remaining contents of pressure cooker. Blend with an immersion blender or in a countertop blender, then season to taste with salt. Return pork to sauce and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately with tortillas and lime wedges.
all recipes copyright of the referenced source.